The Century City office of Sheppard, Mullin, Richter & Hampton LLP has an immediate opening for a Litigation Secretary working for a busy Partner and three Associates in our Business Trial Practice Group. The partner has many Korean clients and travels extensively, so candidate must be able to read, write and speak Korean fluently. This position requires a highly motivated individual with a minimum of 10 years of law firm experience as a secretary in a trial/litigation practice group. Candidate must have full and complete knowledge of all E-filing programs (see complete list below of all programs used) which are used in electronic filings and all trial procedures, federal and state court procedures and rules. Ideal candidate will have excellent technical, organizational and administrative skills as well as strong interpersonal relationships skills. The candidate must have the ability to prioritize and work independently in a fast paced environment, as well as be able to work under pressure, remain flexible, be proactive, resourceful and efficient. Candidate must be able to handle multiple projects and changing priorities on a very busy desk.
- Format, input, edit, retrieve, copy, scan, and transmit legal documents
- Prepare pleadings and discovery documents for filings, e-filings, and service
- Schedule depositions with attorneys, clients, witnesses, and court reporters
- Create pleading/discovery binders, indexing and filing documents,
organize and file case documents
- Utilize docketing/calendaring department to track court and filing deadlines
- Manage and plan calendar of all appointments, conferences and meetings
- Daily review and prioritization of client correspondence and communications
and other correspondence as well as answering all phone calls
- Schedule conference calls and on-site/off-site meetings
- Arrange and coordinate travel arrangements
- Input partner timesheets and expense summaries
- Transcription of dictation, if required
Candidate must show proficiency in Windows and the current Microsoft Office Suite: MS Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel, as well as Adobe, Summation, Best Authority, ChangePro and InterAction. Training on firm customizations will be provided. Must have experience working with a document management system, NetDocuments experience is a plus. Must possess a typing speed of 75+wpm and show excellent spelling, grammar and punctuation skills in both English and Korean. Candidate must have the ability to learn new skills and systems quickly.
We offer a professional work environment with competitive salary and excellent benefits. A summary of our full-time, non-exempt benefits includes: Medical and dental coverage for the employee; Dependents coverage, including domestic partners, is available; Vision benefit allowance for the employee; Life and long-term disability insurance; Flexible spending accounts for health and dependent care; 401(K) participation after 90 days of employment; Profit sharing plan; Annual longevity bonus; Paid vacation, personal, sick days and holidays; Paid parking in the building or allowance for public transportation.
The Firm reserves the right to revise, modify and/or eliminate benefits at its sole and absolute discretion.
EOE. Please visit our web site at www.sheppardmullin.com
Please email cover letter and resume to:
Or, fax to: (310) 228-9701
No agency calls please.