- LL.M., Georgetown University Law Center, 2014, With Distinction, Dean's List
- J.D., Loyola University New Orleans College of Law, 2006
- B.A., The College of William and Mary, 2003
- District of Columbia
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- United States District Court for the Central District of California
- United States District Court for the Southern District of California
- United States District Court for the Northern District of California
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of California
Jason P. Brown is an associate in the Labor and Employment Practice in the firm's Century City office.
Areas of Practice
Mr. Brown’s practice involves representing employers in all aspects of labor and employment litigation in defense of complaints for class action and single-plaintiff matters. He has successfully litigated and favorably resolved cases involving allegations of sexual harassment, age, race, gender, and disability discrimination, and claims of wrongful termination, harassment, and retaliation. Mr. Brown has handled all aspects of civil litigation defense from case inception through trial.
Mr. Brown provides clients with practical advice on a wide range of day-to-day traditional labor and employment law issues, including establishing effective human-resource policies and complying with federal and state laws, such as those relating to wage-and-hour issues, disability and family/medical leave laws, and the discipline and termination processes.
Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Brown served as a judge advocate on active duty in the United States Marine Corps for over seven years. In the Marine Corps, Mr. Brown gained significant experience in complex litigation, congressional engagement, developing and implementing policy, and also gained immeasurable experience as a leader, including time as a company commander during a combat tour to Afghanistan. He continues to serve in the rank of Major in the Marine Corps Reserves.
- American Bar Association Young Lawyers Division Outstanding Young Military Lawyer Award, 2013
Labor & Employment Law Blog