- J.D., Georgetown University Law Center, 2017
- B.A., University of Washington, Michael G. Foster School of Business, 2011
- Judicial Extern for the Honorable Barbara Jacobs Rothstein, U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia, Washington, D.C.
John F. Peshtaz is an associate in the Corporate Practice Group in the firm's Century City office and Washington, D.C. office.
Areas of Practice
John practices in the areas of corporate law and mergers and acquisitions. He has experience delivering legal services to private equity firms and companies in a range of industries in corporate and transactional matters.
- Represented Transportation Insight, a portfolio company of Gryphon Investors, in connection with its acquisition of Nolan Transportation Group, LLC, a full-service, third-party logistics services company.
- Representing United Flexible, Inc. (UFI), a portfolio company of Arlington Capital Partners and a global leader in the design and manufacture of engineering solutions for the transfer of fluids an gases in extreme environments, in connection with UFI’s auction process and contemplated sale to UK-based Smiths Group plc for $345 million.
- Represented Gryphon Investors in connection with a majority investment in Transportation Insight LLC, a leading provider of enterprise logistics and transportation brokerage services.
- Represented a portfolio company of Riordan Lewis & Haden (a Los Angeles-based private equity firm) in the federal services sector in connection with the acquisition of the assets and operations of an unincorporated business unit of a large publicly traded company.
- Represented Zemax, LLC, a portfolio company of Arlington Capital Partners and a global leader in optical and illumination design software, in connection with its auction sale to EQT Partners, a global investment firm.
- Represented Gryphon Investors (a San Francisco-based private equity firm) in connection with its acquisition of Potter Electric Signal Company LLC, a provider of products for the fire safety industry.