John F. Peshtaz is an associate in the Corporate Practice Group in the firm's Century City office.
Areas of Practice
John practices in the areas of corporate law and mergers and acquisitions. He has experience delivering legal services to private equity firms and companies in a range of industries in corporate and transactional matters.
- Represented Sony Pictures Entertainment Inc. in its acquisition of Pure Flix, a faith and family entertainment subscription-based video on demand (SVOD) platform.
- Represented Media Services, a leading provider of human resources and financial services to the entertainment industry, in its sale to Cast & Crew, a portfolio company of EQT.
- Represented ICM Partners, a leading talent agency, in connection with the sale of a minority equity interest to Crestview Partners, a New York-based private equity firm.
- Represented Certified Laboratories, a portfolio company of Warburg Pincus, in its acquisition of EAS Consulting Group, LLC, a leading consulting firm for FDA regulatory matters and compliance.
- Represented Allied Universal, a leading security and facilities services company in North America, in its acquisition of Midstate Security Company, LLC, a Michigan-based fully integrated electronic security and monitoring systems company.
- Represented Octo Consulting Group, LLC (a portfolio company of Arlington Capital Partners) in connection with its acquisition of all of the membership interests of Connexta, LLC, a global leader in open source software development and secure discovery solutions for government and commercial customers.
- Represented Tex Tech Industries, Inc., a portfolio company of Arlington Capital Partners, in its acquisition of the coating and laminating operations and U.S. defense-related operations of Highland Industries, Inc.
- Represented Arlington Capital Partners in connection with its acquisition of Octo Consulting Group, Inc., a provider of mission-critical solutions for the Federal Government including software development, cloud, infrastructure, blockchain and other emerging technologies.
- Represented Endeavor Robotics Holdings, Inc. (a leading developer of battle-tested, tactical unmanned ground vehicles and a portfolio company of Arlington Capital Partners) in connection with its sale to FLIR Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ: FLIR) for approximately $385 million.
- Represented Gryphon Investors and its portfolio company Transportation Insight in connection with its acquisition of Nolan Transportation Group (NTG), one of the largest and fastest-growing non-asset freight brokerages in the United States.
- Represented United Flexible, Inc. (UFI), a portfolio company of Arlington Capital Partners and a global leader in the design and manufacture of engineering solutions for the transfer of fluids and gases in extreme environments, in connection with UFI’s auction process and sale to UK-based Smiths Group plc for $345 million.
- Represented Gryphon Investors in connection with a majority investment in Transportation Insight LLC, a leading provider of enterprise logistics and transportation brokerage services.
- Represented a portfolio company of Riordan Lewis & Haden (a Los Angeles-based private equity firm) in the federal services sector in connection with the acquisition of the assets and operations of an unincorporated business unit of a large publicly traded company.
- Represented Zemax, LLC, a portfolio company of Arlington Capital Partners and a global leader in optical and illumination design software, in connection with its auction sale to EQT Partners, a global investment firm.
- Represented Gryphon Investors (a San Francisco-based private equity firm) in connection with its acquisition of Potter Electric Signal Company LLC, a provider of products for the fire safety industry.
- The Deal, 02.12.2019
J.D., Georgetown University Law Center, 2017
B.A., University of Washington, Michael G. Foster School of Business, 2011
- Judicial Extern for the Honorable Barbara Jacobs Rothstein, U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia, Washington, D.C.
- Farsi (Persian)