Jessica R. Gross is an associate in both the Privacy and Cybersecurity and Labor and Employment Practice Groups in the firm's San Diego office.
Areas of Practice
Jessica is a data privacy and security professional who helps clients understand their obligations and address some of the biggest challenges of today’s digital world.
She holds two certifications from the International Association of Privacy Professionals – the largest and most comprehensive global information privacy community – on U.S. and EU data protection laws. Jessica has advised clients across sectors on compliance with the California Consumer Privacy Act, EU General Data Privacy Regulation, Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act, Fair Credit Reporting Act and Health Insurance Accountability and Portability Act, among others.
Jessica has served as a project manager on full-scale information governance initiatives by directing data mapping, supporting vendor management, operationalizing consumer and data subject request workflows, updating privacy notices and employee disclosures and implementing policies and procedures designed to maintain ongoing compliance. As a OneTrust Privacy Management Professional, Jessica is certified in all OneTrust modules and can assist clients in setting up and using the solution to improve their overall program management.
Jessica also supports clients’ cybersecurity needs. She has directed external and internal cybersecurity audits, helping clients model their programs after industry-approved frameworks. She has been a critical resource to clients’ responses to a broad range of cyber incidents, including business email compromises, fraudulent wire transfers, data breaches and ransomware. Through these experiences, Jessica has helped clients report to regulators and data protection authorities, as well as liaise with law enforcement when appropriate.
As an associate in the Labor and Employment Group, Jessica assists on employee privacy and personnel management issues, including background checks, device and social media use policies and other employment agreements such as proprietary innovation and information agreements.
Jessica also supports the firm’s eDiscovery needs and other general litigation matters. Managing complex electronic discovery issues can be daunting. Jessica can assist litigation counsel and trial teams with the collection, production and presentation of electronically stored information. As a former judicial law clerk for a federal magistrate judge, Jessica is well-trained to effectively and efficiently manage discovery obligations and resolve discovery disputes in motion practice if necessary.
- Certified Information Privacy Professional – U.S. Private Sector
- Certified Information Privacy Professional – Europe
- OneTrust Privacy Management Professional
Labor & Employment Law Blog Posts
- 20/20 Vision in the Workplace, 10.16.2019
- BrightTalk Webinar, 10.02.2019
- Member, Steering Committee, San Diego ESI Forum
- Member, Women in eDiscovery – San Diego Chapter Meetings Director
- Member, Sedona Conference – WG 11 Data Security and Privacy Liability
- Member, San Diego Police Foundation
- Member, Lawyers Club of San Diego
J.D., California Western School of Law, 2017, cum laude
B.A., University of California, San Diego, 2014
- Judicial Law Clerk for Honorable Magistrate Judge Andrew Schopler of the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California
- Judicial Extern for Honorable District Judge Anthony Battaglia of the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California