- J.D., Harvard Law School
- A.B., University of Georgia
Jean Ripley is an associate in the Business Trial Practice Group in the firm’s New York office.
Areas of Practice
Jean’s practice focuses on complex business and corporate litigation matters. She has represented clients in cases involving complex commercial transactions, securities and financial services litigation, trade secret, unfair competition and restrictive covenants, and bankruptcy-related disputes. She has defended clients in a variety of industries during all stages of the litigation process, including pre-trial motions, discovery, summary judgment, trial, and appeal.
- Obtained pre-answer dismissal of discrimination and fraud claims for lack of personal jurisdiction under New York’s long-arm statute.
- Obtained pre-answer dismissal of fraud and RICO claims for lack of personal jurisdiction in the United States District Court of the Central District of California.
- Won summary judgment on liability in dispute arising from complex jewelry transaction.
- Obtained pre-answer dismissal with prejudice for failure to state a claim of Anti-Terrorism Statute claims brought against international funds transfer company.
- Law360, July 31, 2015