- J.D., DePaul University, School of Law, 2006
- M.A., DePaul University, 2006
- B.A./B.S., Arizona State University, summa cum laude, 2003
Julie Rubash is an associate in the firm’s internationally acclaimed Entertainment and Digital Media Practice Group in the firm's Century City office and is the Lead Associate of the firm’s Advertising Industry Team.
Areas of Practice
Ms. Rubash focuses her practice on all aspects of transactional advertising, technology, media and entertainment law, with a particular emphasis on emerging media platforms.
Advertising Transactions: Ms. Rubash's diverse experience includes representation of ad agencies, adTechs, major brands, content creators, producers, studios, media and tech platforms and data licensors in a variety of transactions, including in connection with agency services, data collection, sharing and analytics, content licensing and integration, co-promotion, sponsorship, endorsement, talent and production.
Entertainment: Ms. Rubash represents major media companies in connection with content licensing, talent and production agreements.
Before joining Sheppard Mullin, Ms. Rubash was an associate at Loeb & Loeb. Prior to that, she worked as in-house counsel at Sears, supporting their Online business unit.
Ms. Rubash received her law degree from DePaul University School of Law in 2006, where she also received her Master’s in Computer Science & Technology. She is a member of both the California and Illinois state bars.
Covering Your Ads Blog Posts
- "New Compliance Warning: Interest-Based Video Ads Must Provide Notice and Choice," January 11, 2018
- "Privacy Hat Trick: Three New State Laws to Juggle," July 31, 2017
- "FTC / DAA Extend Data Privacy Focus to Cross-Device Tracking," February 6, 2017
- Presenter, "Tracking, Aggregating & Profiling: U.S. & Global Privacy Developments," ANA/BAA Marketing Law Conference, Chicago, November 15, 2017
- Brand Activation Association