Kelsey Pfleger is an associate in the Entertainment and Digital Media Practice Group in the firm's Century City office.
Areas of Practice
Kelsey’s practice focuses on advising clients on various transactional matters in the entertainment, technology, media, and music fields. She works with studios, large production companies, independent producers, major brands, and digital content creators on all stages of the creation of content, including rights acquisition, financing, development, production, distribution and licensing.
Prior to joining Sheppard Mullin, Kelsey practiced corporate law at the New York office of an international law firm, where she represented public and private companies in corporate transactions, including public and private mergers, acquisitions and divestitures. She also participated in providing counsel regarding general corporate matters, including reporting requirements, corporate governance issues, defensive measures and other strategic considerations.
During law school, Kelsey served as the Chief Notes Editor for the Texas Law Review and was a member of the Texas Journal of Oil, Gas, and Energy Law.
- Scripps Networks Interactive, Inc. in its $14.6 billion sale to Discovery Communications, Inc.
- Special Committee of the Board of Directors of Starz, Inc. in Starz’s $4.4 billion sale to Lions Gate Entertainment.
- Verizon Communications Inc. in its acquisition of Sensity Systems, Inc.
- Brookfield Asset Management Inc. and Brookfield Property Partners L.P. (BPY) in BPY's $14.4 billion acquisition of GGP Inc.
- The Kroger Co. in its $2.15 billion sale of its convenience store business unit to EG Group and its commercial relationship wit Ocado Group.
- Elizabeth Arden, Inc. in its $870 million sale to Revlon, Inc.
- IHS Inc. in its $13 billion merger of equals with Markit Group Limited.
- First Data Corporation in its $760 million acquisition of BluePay Holdings, Inc., its $750 million acquisition of Cardconnect Corp. and its acquisition of Accullink Inc.
- inVentiv Health, Inc. in its $4.6 billion merger of equals with INC Research Holdings, Inc.
- Arizona Chemical, a portfolio company of a private equity fund managed by American Securities LLC, in its sale to Kraton Polymers
- American Securities LLC in its acquisition of North American Partners in Anesthesia (NAPA).
*Some of the above matters were handled prior to joining Sheppard Mullin.
J.D., University of Texas, 2015, with honors
A.B., Wellesley College, 2012, cum laude
- *Not admitted in California
- New York