- J.D., Fordham University School of Law
- B.A., New York University
- New York
- New Jersey
Kimberly Rai is an associate in the Corporate Practice Group in the New York office of Sheppard Mullin and is a member of the firm’s healthcare practice team.
Areas of Practice
Kimberly's corporate and transactional practice focuses on advising clients on matters relating to formation, governance, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, corporate restructuring, and federal, and state and local tax exemption.
Kimberly's clients include for-profit and not-for-profit organizations such as hospitals, integrated healthcare delivery systems, academic medical centers, pharmaceutical and life sciences companies, management companies, nursing homes, charitable and religious corporations, and physician practices.
Prior to joining the firm, Kimberly worked in-house as Assistant General Counsel for a retail energy supplier where she worked on various compliance and customer contracting matters.
Kimberly is the co-chair of Sheppard Mullin’s New York Women Lawyers Group.
- Frederick Eggert Scholarship Recipient, 2011-2014
Healthcare Law Blog Posts
- "The VA Mission Act: Expanding Access to the VA Telemedicine System," June 21, 2019
- "The VA MISSION Act: Enhancing Healthcare for Veterans," June 12, 2018
Privacy Law Blog Posts
- "States Taking Actions Against Health IT Companies Over Data Breaches," December 18, 2018