Lydia Lake is a special counsel in the Real Estate, Land Use, Natural Resources and Environmental Practice Group in the firm's Los Angeles office.
Areas of Practice
Lydia counsels on deals and transactions for various real estate developers, national banking associations, tenants and large-scale landlords in matters including real estate asset-based financing, ground, retail, office and industrial leasing and real property acquisition and disposition. She has drafted and negotiated retail, industrial and office leases, including ground leases, subleases, lease assignments and related contracts. Lydia has also drafted and negotiated purchase and sale agreements for single tenant parcels, unimproved land, office buildings, retail shopping centers and industrial parks, performed due diligence on the subject properties and conducted the closings for the transactions. Lydia has prepared and negotiated easement agreements, indemnity agreements, non-disturbance and attornment agreements, development agreements, and broker representation, listing and commission agreements.
Real Estate, Land Use & Environmental Law Blog Posts
- "Commercial Lease Alert: New Access Law Disclosure Requirements In Leases Effective January 1, 2017," December 23, 2016
- "Commercial Lease Guaranties From Foreign Entities: What You Need to Know to Safeguard Your Security," July 28, 2015
- "Important Alert for Commercial Owners/Landlords and Brokers/Agents: Changes to California Dual Agency Disclosure Laws Effective January 1, 2015," March 2, 2015
- "New Legislative Requirements For Electric Vehicle Charging Stations At California Commercial Properties," January 7, 2015
- "Missing Data Protocols Under AB1103 Energy Use Disclosure Rule And Other Important Facts You Need To Know," October 2, 2014
- "Changes To California Title 24 Energy Use Requirements Effective July 1, 2014," February 5, 2014
- "California Energy Use Disclosure Rules Implementation Postponed Until January 1, 2014," August 27, 2013
- "What Makes A Lease "Enforceable" - What You Need to Know," June 14, 2013
- "California Commercial Building Owners Must Comply With New Energy Use Disclosure Rules Commencing July 1, 2013," May 1, 2013
- "New Disability Access Law Imposes Notification Requirements For Commercial Leases," April 22, 2013
- Third Thursday Emerging Company Webinar Series, via WebEx, 09.18.2014