- LL.M. in Taxation and Certificate in Estate Planning, Georgetown University Law Center, 2012, with distinction
- J.D., Southwestern Law School, 2007
- B.S., Boston University, 2002, cum laude
- In 2006, Ms. Liebes externed for the Honorable Suzanne H. Segal of the United States District Court for the Central District of California.
- United States District Court for the Central District of California
- Washington, D.C.
Lauren Liebes is an associate in the Tax and Estate Planning Practice Group in the firm's Los Angeles office.
Areas of Practice
Ms. Liebes’ diverse individual and family wealth planning practice includes estate planning, probate, estate and gift tax and trust administration matters. Her planning and administration experience includes drafting and implementing revocable trusts, irrevocable insurance trusts, sophisticated generation-skipping transfer tax planning, and all aspects of trust administration.
In addition, Ms. Liebes counsels public charities and private foundations in connection with their formation and tax and other legal issues arising in connection with their operation and management.
Ms. Liebes is the Associate Leader of the firm's Private Wealth Services Team and Co-Chair of Sheppard Mullin’s Women Lawyers Group for the Los Angeles office. Additionally, Ms. Liebes is a member of the firm’s Pro Bono Committee and Non-Profit Sector Team.
Art Law Blog Posts
- "The Artist’s Legacy – Gifts of Art to Family and Friends," March 10, 2015
Corporate & Securities Law Blog Posts
- "IRS Issues Guidance Regarding Tax Treatment of Married Same-Sex Couples," October 7, 2013
- "United States v. Windsor Creates New Estate Planning Opportunities For Married Same-Sex Couples," August 6, 2013
- "'Permanent' Transfer Tax Relief At Last," February 15, 2013
Latin American Law Blog Posts
- Contributing author to 2014-2017 updates of Non-Probate Transfers (Chapter 2), California Decedent Estate Practice, CEB
- "Selected International Estate Planning Topics," The State Bar of California, January 13, 2016
- "What Will Become of Your Legacy? Best Business Practices for the Future," Los Angeles Center of Photography, January 16, 2015
- Member, Milken Institute Young Leaders Circle
- Member, Trusts and Estates Section, State Bar of California
- Member, Trusts and Estates Section, Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Barristers Section Liaison, Trusts and Estates Section, Los Angeles County Bar Association, 2012-2014