- J.D., Brigham Young University, 2009, magna cum laude, Order of the Coif, Editor-in-Chief, International Law & Management Review, First Prize, Smith-Babcock-Williams Writing Competition
- B.A., Harvard University, 2003, cum laude
- Extern to the Honorable Matthew B. Durrant, Associate Chief Justice, Utah Supreme Court
- United States District Court – Central District of California
- Mandarin Chinese
Mr. Baker is an associate in the Corporate Practice Group in the firm's Los Angeles office.
Areas of Practice
Mr. Baker represents public and private companies in a variety of industries, including entertainment, healthcare, technology, manufacturing and financial services. His principal areas of practice are mergers and acquisitions, private equity, venture capital, general corporate law, regulatory compliance and general business matters. Mr. Baker has also represented financial institutions in secured and unsecured loan transactions and public and private companies in real estate matters, including purchase and sale transactions, development projects and leasing.
- ABA Section of State and Local Government Award, 2009
- Much Ado About Nollan/Dolan: The Comparative Nature of the Legislative-Adjudicative Distinction in Exactions, 42 Urb. Law. (forthcoming)
- Comment, A Teacher’s Right to Remain Silent: Reasonable Accommodation of Negative Speech Rights in the Classroom, 2009 BYU L. Rev. 705
- Comment, The Sound of Congressional Silence: Judicial Distortion of the Legislative-Executive Balance of Power, 2009 BYU L. Rev. 101
- Comment, RLUIPA and Eminent Domain: Probing the Boundaries of Religious Land Use Protection, 2008 BYU L. Rev. 1213
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- J. Reuben Clark Law Society, Los Angeles County Chapter