- J.D., University of Southern California, Southern California Interdisciplinary Law Journal 2009
- B.A., University of Pennsylvania, 2005
- Externed for the Honorable Arthur L. Alarcon on the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit.
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado
Michael Gerst is an associate in the Business Trial Practice Group in the firm's Century City office.
Areas of Practice
Mr. Gerst has represented clients in a diverse array of substantive areas, including financial services and general commercial disputes in both the trial and appellate courts.
At the trial level, Mr. Gerst has had principal responsibility for drafting and arguing many law and motion matters, including pleading challenges, ex parte applications, motions to strike, motions to compel discovery, and preliminary injunctions. He has worked on discovery disputes, taken numerous depositions, and attended mediations and settlement conferences. His in-court experience includes numerous case management conferences, motions, injunctions, and dispositive motions, as well as taking a matter to a bench trial Defense verdict. He has handled matters in state and federal court jurisdictions across California, as well as in Colorado, Arizona, and Florida.
At the Appellate level, Mr. Gerst has drafted briefs in the California Court of Appeal, the Washington, Hawaii, Oregon, Ohio, and Pennsylvania Courts of Appeals, and the United States Courts of Appeals for the Ninth, Fifth, Sixth, and Third Circuits. Michael has also argued appeals in front of the California Court of Appeal and the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals.
- Serves on the Los Angeles County Bar Association’s Barristers Executive Committee
- Serves on ABTL Young Lawyer’s Division Advisory Board
- Barristers liaison to the Litigation Section Executive Committee