- J.D., Duke University, 2016, cum laude, Staff Editor, Journal for Law & Contemporary Problems, Vice President, Duke’s Black Law Student Association
- B.A., Johns Hopkins University, 2012, cum laude
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
Michael Herrera is an associate in the Intellectual Property Practice Group in the firm’s Century City office.
Areas of Practice
Mr. Herrera has represented clients in the areas of entertainment and intellectual property litigation. Mr. Herrera’s intellectual property practice includes the representation of a number of studios, producers, artists, and other media and retail companies in cases involving trademark (including cases before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board), copyright, unfair competition, and right of publicity claims.
Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Herrera was commissioned as a Reconnaissance Officer in the United States Army National Guard holding various leadership positions over his career. In the Army, Mr. Herrera received multiple awards and commendations in his various roles. Most notably, Mr. Herrera played a major role in Joint Task Force Chesapeake in support of Operation Baltimore Rally. As a law student, Mr. Herrera worked in legal and business affairs positions for companies such as Fox Entertainment Group (Fox Studios).
- Distinguished Military Graduate Ribbon
- Maryland Commendation Medal