- LL.M., Entertainment and Media Law Policy, University of California, Los Angeles, 2017
- J.D., Boston University School of Law, 2010
- B.A., Washington University in St. Louis, cum laude, 2005
- New York
Matthew S. Hyner is an associate in the Entertainment and Digital Media Practice Group in the firm's Century City office.
Areas of Practice
Matt’s practice focuses on transactional matters in the entertainment, technology, media, and music fields. Specific areas of expertise include:
- Film and television development, financing, production and licensing
- Domestic and international distribution of film and television content
- Content licensing across various platforms and devices, including emerging media platforms
- Brand licensing and commercial campaigns
- Recording and music publishing agreements
Prior to joining Sheppard Mullin, Matt received an LL.M. degree in Entertainment and Media Law from UCLA School of Law. Before attending UCLA, Matt worked as a litigator in New York City, where he handled a wide variety of complex commercial civil cases from inception to completion.