- J.D., Pepperdine Law School, 1994, cum laude
- B.S., Cornell University, 1990
Michael McKinnon is a partner in the Corporate Practice Group in the firm's Orange County office.
Areas of Practice
Mr. McKinnon focuses his practice on corporate and securities law, with an emphasis on mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, and equity and debt financings in the healthcare and life sciences industries. He has assisted clients in acquiring or investing in medical device companies, home infusion providers, diagnostic imaging providers, medical groups, physician practices, surgery centers, PPO networks, diabetic supply businesses, clinical trial companies and urgent care centers.
Mr. McKinnon serves as outside general counsel for a variety of healthcare and life sciences companies, including medical device firms and large health systems. In addition to private practice, Mr. McKinnon has also served as in-house counsel for Apria Healthcare and InSight Health Services Corp., with primary responsibility for the companies’ acquisitions, joint ventures and securities matters.
- Best Lawyers in America, Corporate, Best Lawyers, 2018-2019
- Mergers and Acquisitions, Legal 500, 2016, 2018
Healthcare Law Blog Posts
- Law360, April 23, 2015
- Co-Chair, Orange County Marathon Foundation
- Member, American Health Lawyers Association