- St. John's University School of Law, 2011, cum laude, Associate Managing Editor, Journal of Civil Rights and Economic Development
- Brooklyn College, 2008, magna cum laude
- New York State Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- New Jersey State Courts
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- Connecticut State Courts
- U.S. District Court for the District of Connecticut
Matthew Shatzkes is an associate in the Corporate Practice Group in the New York office of Sheppard Mullin and is a member of the firm’s healthcare practice team.
Areas of Practice
Matthew Shatzkes advises healthcare entities and not-for-profit corporations on a wide range of business, regulatory and transactional matters. Mr. Shatzkes advises clients on issues relating to entity formation, governance, corporate transactions (mergers, asset sales, dissolutions), and compliance with various federal and state laws, including regulatory compliance matters. Mr. Shatzkes's clients include hospitals, academic medical centers, management companies, physician practices, and other healthcare entities and not-for-profit corporations in the healthcare industry.
Prior to entering into private practice, Mr. Shatzkes worked as a judicial fellow for the Honorable Roger N. Rosengarten at the New York Supreme Court, Queens County. By beginning his career as a litigator, Mr. Shatzkes also has experience in representing clients in business and commercial disputes involving, among others, fiduciary obligations and breach of contract claims.
- New York Rising Stars, Super Lawyers, Health Care, 2017
- Cuomo Proposes Telehealth ExpansionCrain's New York Business, January 11, 2018
- Law360, December 20, 2017
Healthcare Law Blog Posts
- "The VA MISSION Act: Enhancing Healthcare for Veterans," June 12, 2018
- "Telehealth In 2017: What Changed And What’s Ahead," December 28, 2017
Privacy Law Blog Posts
- American Bar Association
- American Health Lawyers Association
- New York State Bar Association