Foreign Language Bio
- J.D., Georgetown University Law Center, cum laude
- B.S.F.S., Georgetown University, magna cum laude
- District of Columbia
- New York
- United States Supreme Court
Michele Williams has handled complex corporate and real estate finance matters for more than 25 years. In addition to her law degree, Ms. Williams holds a degree in International Economics and Finance from the Georgetown University School of Foreign Service. Her prior experience on Wall Street as a Vice President of one of the world’s largest global financial institutions gives Ms. Williams unique insight and a practical understanding of her clients’ needs and objectives. Ms. Williams is a partner in the Real Estate and Finance & Bankruptcy practice groups, with offices in Washington, D.C. and New York.
Areas of Practice
Ms. Williams focuses her practice on real estate and corporate finance.
Ms. Williams represents institutional real estate investors, financial institutions, private equity funds, corporations and universities in acquisition, disposition, financing, development and leasing transactions. She represents private real estate funds and REITS in connection with their fund formation and investment activities. Ms. Williams has also led a variety of domestic and international project finance teams.
Throughout her career, Ms. Williams has handled matters for financial institutions and multinational corporations in a variety of industries. She has closed multi-tranched corporate financings, merger and acquisition financings, leveraged recapitalizations, minority equity investments and private equity investments. Her expertise includes the structuring and negotiation of complex partnership and joint venture relationships.
Since the formation of the first AG Net Lease Realty Fund in 2006, Ms. Williams has served as chief outside counsel to Angelo, Gordon & Co., L.P. in connection with its net lease real estate strategy. In that capacity, Ms. Williams has assembled and led a multi-disciplinary team of lawyers and real estate professionals in the acquisition, disposition, development, financing, leasing and management of more than $3 billion of office, industrial, retail and mixed-use commercial properties throughout the U.S. and abroad. Ms. Williams has also represented Angelo, Gordon & Co., L.P. in connection with its private equity strategy.
- Best Real Estate Lawyers in America, Best Lawyers, 2012-2018
- Real Estate and Construction, Legal 500, 2012-2015
Ms. Williams has in-depth experience in the following areas:
- Alternative Investing
- CMBS Loan Originations
- Commercial Leasing
- Commercial Mortgage Finance
- Corporate Finance
- Project Finance
- Real Estate Assets and Dispositions
- Real Estate Development
- Real Estate Partnerships and Joint Ventures
- Real Estate Private Equity Transactions
- Real Estate Portfolio Management
- Sale Leaseback Transactions
- Columbia Business School - Real Estate Transactions Course Lecturer, "Sale/Leasebacks; Business Strategy and Legal Structure," 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015.
- USC Gould School of Law - Real Estate Law & Business Forum Moderator, "Unlocking the Value of Corporate Real Estate: Sale/Leasebacks and Property Spin-offs to Capitalize on Real Estate Value," March, 2016.