Breakfast With Your Labor Lawyer - San Diego
Spring 2016 Seminar Series
7:30 a.m. - 8:00 a.m. Registration & Breakfast
8:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m. Program
Hyatt Regency La Jolla
3777 La Jolla Village Drive
San Diego, CA 92122
Registration & Materials: $50
David B. Chidlaw, Partner, Sheppard Mullin
Justine M. Phillips, Special Counsel, Sheppard Mullin
Ashley T. Hirano, Associate, Sheppard Mullin
Please join us for Sheppard Mullin's Breakfast with Your Labor Lawyer Seminar Series. 2016 presents significant developments in California labor and employment laws that will significantly affect the way you run your day-to-day business operations. We will provide you with cutting-edge analysis and insights on these new laws, and offer practical advice and helpful tools to comply with the new laws and protect your company from liability in the workplace. We will cover many topics, including but not limited to:
- California’s Equal Pay Act, including policies and compliance tips
- The effects of the new California Paid Sick Leave Law
- The expansion of time off rights under the Family School Partnership Act and Kin Care Law
- Wage updates, including a discussion of minimum wage increases, and their effect on exemptions and overtime
- Off-the-clock work claims based on employee searches
- Updates on recent discrimination, harassment and retaliation cases
- New tip pooling limitations
- Expansion of the Unruh Civil Rights Act
- EEOC roundup, including proposed rules regarding Employer Wellness Programs and new pay data reporting requirements
- Region/industry specific hot topics, including the Santa Monica Minimum Wage Ordinance and Los Angeles Hotel Minimum Wage Ordinance
- Class action update
- New federal contractors’ obligation to provide paid sick leave
- Proposed California OSHA regulations on violence in the healthcare workplace
- And much, much more…
Our attorneys will be available after the presentation to answer all of your legal questions.
If you have colleagues who share your interest in this topic, please invite them to attend with you.
We look forward to seeing you for this informative, engaging and interactive seminar.
This activity complies with standards for Minimum Continuing Legal Education prescribed by the California State Bar and is approved for 2 hours of MCLE credit.
Sheppard, Mullin, Richter & Hampton LLP is a State Bar of California approved MCLE provider.
This program is approved for 2 (California) recertification credit hours toward PHR, SPHR and GPHR recertification through the HR Certification Institute.
Sheppard, Mullin, Richter & Hampton LLP is an HRCI Approved Provider (valid through December 31, 2016).
Questions? Contact Casey Alexander at email@example.com or 213.830.2012.