Labor & Employment Law Update & Happy Hour - Los Angeles
Fall 2018 Seminar Series
3:45 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. Registration
4:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m. Program
6:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m. Happy Hour
333 South Grand Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90071
Registration & Materials $50
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
Lisa M. Harris, Partner, Sheppard Mullin
Hilary Habib, Associate, Sheppard Mullin
Nora Stilestein, Associate, Sheppard Mullin
Please join us for Sheppard Mullin's Labor & Employment Law Update & Happy Hour Seminar Series. 2018 presents significant developments in California labor and employment laws that will affect the way you run your day-to-day business operations. We will provide analysis and insight on these new laws, as well as offer practical advice and helpful tools for employers to protect their organizations from liability in the workplace. Topics to be covered include:
- De minimis rule in California
- New court decision regarding rounding of employee time punches
- California's new national origin discrimination regulations
- Status of class action waivers in arbitration agreements
- Independent contractors: the new “ABC Test”
- Equal pay, salary history, and pay audits
- The #MeToo Era: investigations, NDAs, arbitration and other recent developments
- Disability accommodation and the interactive process
- Managing leaves of absence
- Bring Your Own Device: balancing competing employer and employee risks and concerns
- New PAGA litigation
- Free/discounted meals ≠ working time
- Defend Trade Secrets Act and protecting your company’s intellectual property
- Joint employer determinations under the NLRA
- NLRB developments: workplace rules and employment decisions
- Disclosure of employee contact information and impact on union organizing
Our attorneys will be available after the presentation to answer all of your legal questions.
If you have colleagues who share your interest in this topic, please invite them to attend with you.
We look forward to seeing you for this informative, engaging and interactive seminar.
This activity complies with standards for Minimum Continuing Legal Education prescribed by the California State Bar and is approved for 2 hours of MCLE credit. Sheppard, Mullin, Richter & Hampton LLP is a State Bar of California approved MCLE provider.
This program is approved for 2 California recertification credit hours toward PHR, SPHR and GPHR recertification through the HR Certification Institute. Sheppard, Mullin, Richter & Hampton LLP is an HRCI Approved Provider (valid through December 31, 2018).
Questions? Contact Lindsey Delas Alas via email or 714.424.2819.