Cannabis Webinar Wednesday: Blockchain and Cannabis – Weeding through the Hype
This webinar will address how blockchain technology and crypto tokens can be used to solve some of the many problems facing the cannabis industry. Blockchain and crypto tokens have great potential for use in the cannabis industry, particularly since traditional lending institutions are prohibited, or at least limited in doing business with cannabis companies. Some of this great potential, however, has been overhyped and some of the solutions that have been brought to market have not yet solved the problems. This webinar will address:
• An overview of blockchain technology and crypto tokens
• How these technologies can realistically be applied to the cannabis industry
• A discussion of prominent business cases and problems that need attention, and a review of cannabis companies using blockchain technology endeavoring to address those problems.
• Other legal issues with these technologies
• Other cannabis specific legal issues
• Q&A (and we encourage questions to be submitted by email as soon as possible to JGatto@sheppardmullin.com and ACataneo@sheppardmullin.com)
November 20, 2019
12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m. PT
2:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m. CT
3:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. ET
Click Here to Register
This activity has been approved for Minimum 1 Continuing Legal Education credit by the State Bar of California. Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP certifies that this activity conforms to the standards for approved education activities prescribed by the rules and regulations of the State Bar of California governing minimum continuing legal education.
This program has been approved in accordance with the requirements of the New York State Continuing Legal Education Board for a maximum of 1 credit hour which may be applied toward the Areas of Professional Practice requirement, and is suitable for both transitional and non-transitional attorneys.
Questions? Contact Felice Li via email or at 858.720.8922.