Privacy Bootcamp for Security Professionals
IAPP Privacy. Security. Risk. 2019
The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas
3708 S Las Vegas Blvd
Condesa 3, Level 2
Las Vegas, NV 89109
8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
With multiple laws, jurisdictions, technologies and business models converging and evolving in today’s enterprise, privacy can be a bewildering topic. It’s hard to know how to navigate the maze of challenges. To be an effective information security professional, you need to understand the privacy obligations your company faces so you can work effectively with your privacy team to benefit your customers, company, employees and others. Privacy Bootcamp is your opportunity to get a solid grounding in this dynamic field. Our expert speaker will lay a foundation to give you the structure and understanding you need to work well and cooperatively with your privacy team and improve the effectiveness of your security programs.
What you'll take away:
• Learn the multiple definitions of “privacy” and how privacy is managed as a legal and policy issue
• Understand the fair information practices and how they are used to construct privacy laws and regulations
• Explore the key privacy laws in the U.S. and around the world that relate to personal data, and which ones may apply to your organization
• Understand how these privacy laws overlap and intersect with information security laws and principles
• Understand the “hot topic” legal issues that will affect your privacy and any related information security program
Click here for more information and registration.