Labor & Employment Law Update & Happy Hour - San Francisco
3:45 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. Registration
4:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m. Program
6:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m. Happy Hour
Four Embarcadero Center, 17th Floor
San Francisco, CA 94111
Registration & Materials $50
Jennifer G. Redmond, Partner, Sheppard Mullin
Morgan Forsey, Partner, Sheppard Mullin
Babak G. Yousefzadeh, Partner, Sheppard Mullin
Keahn Morris, Associate, Sheppard Mullin
Please join us for Sheppard Mullin's Labor & Employment Law Update & Happy Hour Seminar Series. You will have to face many new developments in California labor and employment laws that will significantly affect the way you run your day-to-day business operations. We will provide you with analysis and insights on these new laws and offer practical advice and helpful tools to ensure compliance and protect your company from liability in the workplace. We will cover:
- Complying with the new EEOC pay data rules
- Recent independent contractor litigation after the landmark Dynamexcase
- New guidance on meal and rest period regulations
- Non-solicitation agreements under attack
- What predictive scheduling could mean for your workplace
- New time rounding guidance from the Department of Labor
- Interplay of marijuana laws and HR policies
- New developments in expense reimbursement and uniform laws
- New protected classes in California
- Developments in leave of absence and disability accommodation laws
- Workplace violence and injunction update
- Consequences and risks of ever-increasing minimum wage
- Update on efforts to increase federal minimum wage
- The NLRB’s recent rulemaking tear
- Expansion of Unruh Civil Rights Act
- Update on PAGA litigation and class action waivers
- Actionable guidance for employers to comply with California Consumer Privacy Act
- And much more!
Our attorneys will be available after the presentation to answer all of your legal questions.
If you have colleagues who share your interest in this topic, please invite them to attend with you.
We look forward to seeing you for this informative, engaging and interactive seminar.
This activity complies with standards for Minimum Continuing Legal Education prescribed by the California State Bar and is approved for 2 hours of MCLE credit. Sheppard, Mullin, Richter & Hampton LLP is a State Bar of California approved MCLE provider.
This program is approved for 2 (California) recertification credit hours toward PHR, SPHR and GPHR recertification through the HR Certification Institute. Sheppard, Mullin, Richter & Hampton LLP is an HRCI Approved Provider (valid through December 31, 2019).
Questions? Contact Belinda Ashong via email or by phone 415.774.3171.