2nd Annual "Hot Topics" Seminar
8:30am - 11:00am
Thought leaders from the accounting and law professions will discuss the "Hot Topics" of 2009. This session includes an overview of critical and emerging topics that affect most public and private companies in all industries.
- We will present a comprehensive update on these latest trends and practices:
- Update on International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- New COSO Monitoring Guidance and Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX 404) for Non-Accelerated Companies
- Exotic Derivatives - How Are They Valued?
- Fair Value Accounting and Current Investment Banking Trends
- Chinese IPO's - Getting These Deals Done in 2009 and Beyond
- New SEC, NASDAQ, and NYSE rules on Corporate Governance and Investor Communications
- Bob Laffler, Partner/Instructor - GAAP Seminars LLC
- Jamie Mercer, Partner - Sheppard Mullin
- John Tishler, Partner - Sheppard Mullin
- Josh Edwards, Managing Director - Eureka Capital Partners, LLC
- Mark Sadauski, Manager - Cabrillo Advisors, LLC
- Steve Austin, Firm Managing Partner - Swenson Advisors, LLP
- Moderated by Tom Sweeney - CUSTOMatrix, Inc.
The McMillin Companies Event Center is located at
2875 Dewey Road, San Diego 92106
Free parking is available in Parking Lot G
(corner of Roosevelt and Truxtun).
To register, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 619-237-3400.
$25 per person - cash or check on day-of event.
CLE/CPE is available. Your State Bar or Accounting Board will make the final determination with respect to continuing education credit. This will be a group-live session with no advance preparation needed.
For more information regarding refund, complaint and/or program cancellation policies, please contact Carla Sanchez at 619-237-3400.