Santa Barbara Human Resources Association Half Day Legal Update
October 28, 2009
8:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
31 West Carrillo
Santa Barbara, CA
As 2009 progresses toward year-end, the courts and legislature have further defined an employer's obligations and, to a less extent, rights in dealing with their employees. 2009 has also shown us areas where plaintiff attorneys are focusing their attention. Jeff Dinkin, an employment specialist with the law firm of Sheppard Mullin, will lead a lively discussion about these numerous developments in labor and employment law. He will also discuss the trends in the subject matter of lawsuits being filed against employers--to be forewarned is to be forearmed.
Please join us for an informative and lively presentation in the following areas:
- Overtime and exempt employees
- Meal and rest period compliance
- Workplace discrimination and harassment
- I-9s and immigration law enforcement
- Disability discrimination and accommodation of disabilities
- Defamation in the employment context
- Privacy in the workplace
- Protecting intellectual property and trade secret claims
- Reimbursement for business expenses
- Update on pending legislation
- And many more cutting-edge developments in labor and employment law
Please register at: http://www.sbhra.org/special/halfdayseminar/info.asp
- Members $55
- Visitors $65
- Members $60
- Visitors $70
Please visit http://www.sbhra.org.