3rd Annual "Hot Topics" Seminar
Are You Aware of the Latest Accounting, Finance, and Legal Issues Impacting Your Business?
On July 21, 2010, President Obama signed the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act, with far-reaching impact on our nation’s financial system. On August 25, 2010, the SEC adopted proxy access rules which will be effective for the 2011 proxy season. Our panelists will discuss how these and other legal and accounting changes, and current market conditions, affect public companies.
This year’s Hot Topics program will also address a hot industry - Sustainable Energy. Our Keynote Speaker, Irene Stilling of the California Center for Sustainable Energy will discuss the latest developments in the State of California related to sustainable energy. Jeff Davids of SG Biofuels will talk about how “clean tech” has emerged as the hottest funding area.
The objective of this seminar is to bring together a diverse group of professionals from the accounting, financing, legal and business communities to learn about and share ideas on these issues.
Join us to hear the latest advice on:
- Recent trends in the PIPEs market
- “Say on Pay” and “Clawbacks"
- Forensic accounting and dispute resolution
- Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404(b), COSO monitoring, and SOX automation tools
- What you can do now to prepare for proxy access in 2011
Moderated by Steve Austin, Swenson Advisors
- Laurie Ball, Audit Director, Swenson Advisors
- Jeff (J.D.) Davids, CFO, SG Biofuels
- Keith Krzewski, Partner, Swenson Advisors
- Jamie Mercer, Partner, Sheppard Mullin
- Irene Stillings, Executive Director, California Center for Sustainable Energy
- John Tishler, Partner, Sheppard Mullin
Tuesday, October 12, 2010
8:30 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
To register, email email@example.com or call 619-237-3400 ext. 101.
$35 per person - cash or check on day-of event
The McMillin Companies Event Center is located at
2875 Dewey Road, San Diego Ca 92106
Free parking is available in Parking Lot G
(Corner of Roosevelt and Truxtun)
CLE/CPE is available. Your State Bar or Accounting Board will make the final determination with respect to continuing education credit. This will be a group-live session with no advance preparation needed.
For more information regarding refund and/or program cancellation policies, please contact Carla Sanchez at 619-237-3400 ext. 101.