Breakfast With Your Labor Lawyer - Los Angeles
Labor & Employment Law Update Fall 2011
Sheppard Mullin attorneys will discuss recent important developments in labor and employment law at both the state and federal level. We will explain how these new developments will affect the day-to-day decisions made by business owners, in-house counsel and human resource professionals. We will also discuss the current trends in employment litigation and how employers can protect themselves from liability in the workplace. We will cover numerous topics, including but not limited to:
Discrimination & Wrongful Termination
- Discipline for conduct caused by a disability
- Disability leaves of absence: how long is too long?
- 100% workers' compensation disability rating: what does it mean for your duty to accommodate?
- Help protect your company against a discrimination class action
- Best practices to help ensure your arbitration agreement is enforced
- Class action waivers, including the recent Supreme Court decision in AT&T Mobility
- Risks and benefits of arbitration
Wage & Hour
- Overtime law for non-California residents
- Overtime for nonexempt employees paid a salary
- Reporting time pay
- How the DOL may be helping your employees sue you!
- Split shift premiums
This seminar will be informative and interactive. Our attorneys will stay after the presentation to answer all of your important legal questions.
LOCATION, DATE & SPEAKERS
September 21, 2011
Sheppard, Mullin, Richter & Hampton LLP
333 South Hope Street, 47th Floor, Los Angeles, CA 90071
Speakers: Ronda Jamgotchian and Jason Kearnaghan
Registration & Materials
Registration & Breakfast
7:30 - 8:00 a.m.
This program is approved for 2 (California) recertification credit hours toward PHR, SPHR and GPHR recertification through the HR Certification Institute. Sheppard, Mullin, Richter & Hampton LLP is an HRCI Approved Provider (valid through December 2012).
This activity complies with standards for Minimum Continuing Legal Education prescribed by the California State Bar and is approved for 2.0 hours of MCLE credit. Sheppard, Mullin, Richter & Hampton LLP is a State Bar of California approved MCLE provider.