Social Media: How to Minimize Legal Risks and Maximize Commercial Success
Informative seminar presented by:
The San Diego Software Industries Council and Sheppard Mullin
Many companies are already utilizing the power of social media to maintain relationships and increase their business opportunities. However, some organizations are still hesitant to maximize their use of online networking. Risks such as breach of privacy, fear of legal action, and lack of control have lead to the avoidance of this important tool. Now is your chance to learn how to best develop social media for your organization's marketing and branding strategies while managing and mitigating the legal risks.
7:30 am - 8:00 am - Registration/Networking/Breakfast
8:00 am - 9:00 am - Program/Q&A
- Assessing the opportunities that new technology can offer
- Structuring and activating social media campaigns while reducing the corresponding legal risk
- Crafting an effective social media policy
- Protecting your trade secrets
- Monitoring social media use by employees and using social media to make employment decisions
- Emerging litigation and regulatory trends
Who Should Attend
This program is essential for in-house counsel of organizations involved in advertising and/or marketing; legal compliance officers; and human resource management involved in advising their company on personnel issues. In addition, the program will provide useful information for C-Level executives, sales and marketing professionals, brand managers and customer account managers.
Register online at: http://www.sdsic.org/events.aspx