FCPA Risks for the Private Equity Industry
The U.S. government's aggressive enforcement of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act is now old news. Yet as private equity companies increasingly look offshore for investment opportunities, many are faced with the new reality of FCPA compliance challenges.
Our attorneys regularly advise private equity and other clients on their thorniest compliance issues. Drawing on that experience, we have put together this panel to address the particular FCPA challenges that private equity companies face, including the following:
- Compliance best practices when conducting due diligence on prospective investments
- Targeted U.S. government enforcement against the financial services and other industries
- Extra-territorial jurisdiction, including non-US investments by US persons and US investments by non-US parties
- Protecting against liability as a non-majority interest holder in an investment
- Insulating individual board members from liability for actions by a portfolio company
- Marketing to sovereign wealth funds
- Vetting local agents and other business partners
- Understanding when the UK Bribery Act and other anti-bribery laws can apply to conduct
June 13, 2012
12:00 – 1:00 p.m. EDT
1300 I Street NW
Washington, DC 20005
Webinar Meeting information
Meeting Number: 712 764 228
Meeting Password: (This meeting does not require a password.)
To join the online meeting (Now from iPhones too)
1. Go to https://soundpath.webex.com/soundpath/j.php?ED=176798592&UID=490893082&RT=MiM0
2. Enter your name and email address.
3. Enter the meeting password: (This meeting does not require a password.)
4. Click "Join Now".
To join the teleconference only
Call-in toll-free number: 1-800-901-9719
Call-in number: 1-719-234-0260
Attendee access code: 741613
1. Go to https://soundpath.webex.com/soundpath/mc
2. On the left navigation bar, click "Support"
This activity complies with standards for Minimum Continuing Legal Education prescribed by the California State Bar and is approved for 1 hour of MCLE credit. Sheppard, Mullin, Richter & Hampton LLP is a State Bar of California approved MCLE provider.