2012 Labor and Employment Year in Review
How the U.S. Presidential Election and the Current Economy Will Impact Labor and Employment Laws in 2013 and Beyond
Managing large and small workforces against the backdrop of a new presidential term and a challenging economy will continue to raise several areas of concern within management-side labor and employment circles. Please join our panel of experienced Sheppard Mullin labor attorneys for a discussion on recent labor and employment law developments and how the landscape may change following this year's U.S. presidential election.
Our program will feature informative discussions on a variety of topics, including:
- Leading court decisions and key legislative developments in 2012
- Key legislative initiatives for employers to monitor during the next presidential term
- Critical legal issues and recent developments affecting non-compete agreements and other restrictive covenants, including how to protect human capital and trade secrets and what to consider when hiring from competitors
- Recent NLRB rulings and initiatives targeting non-union employees
This 2.0 hour complimentary seminar will be presented by:
- Jonathan Stoler, Partner, Sheppard Mullin (New York office)
- Eric Raphan, Partner, Sheppard Mullin (New York office)
- Kevin Cloutier, Partner, Sheppard Mullin (Chicago office)
- James Hays, Partner, Sheppard Mullin (New York office)
3:45 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
4:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Cocktails and Hors d'oeuvres
6:00 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.
*please note new location*
The Manhattan Ballroom
Grant Hyatt New York
109 East 42nd Street
(at Grand Central)
New York, NY 10017
This program has been approved in accordance with the requirements of the New York State Continuing Legal Education Board for a maximum of 2.0 credit hours which may be applied toward the areas of professional practice requirement, and is suitable for both transitional and non-transitional attorneys. Sheppard, Mullin, Richter & Hampton LLP is a State Bar of New York approved MCLE provider.
Human Resources Certification Institute Credit
This program is pending approval for 2.0 hours toward PHR and SPHR recertification through the Human Resource Certification Institute (HRCI). Sheppard, Mullin, Richter & Hampton LLP is an HRCI Approved Provider (valid through December 2012).
Questions? Contact Meredith Greisman at firstname.lastname@example.org or 212.653.8450.