Sheppard Mullin Partners With The ITAR Summit
Expert Strategies for Maintaining an Effective ITAR Compliance Program in an Evolving Regulatory Environment
Monday, June 24, 2013 at 7:30 AM - Tuesday, June 25, 2013 at 8:30 AM (EDT)
Hotel Monaco Washington DC
700 F Street NW
Washington, DC 20004
Sheppard Mullin Moderator
J. Scott Maberry, Partner
Sheppard Mullin will be sponsoring The ITAR Summit taking place June 24-25, 2013 at The Monaco in Washington, DC. Don’t miss this opportunity to hear special keynote address by Eric L. Hirschhorn, Under Secretary of the U.S. Commerce Department’s Bureau of Industry and Security (BIS) on Export Control Reform Update: Transitioning from the ITAR to the EAR.
Join us and benchmark with your in-house peers and leaders of the export controls and international trade bar as you gain proven strategies for:
- Obtaining Proper Classification of ITAR Controlled Items, Technology and Related Services under Parts 120 & 121
- Successfully Navigating the Licensing Process for ITAR Controlled Products
- Building an ITAR Compliance Program that Meets DDTC Expectations
- Ensuring Foreign Licensee Compliance with Screening Requirements to Prevent Diversion of ITAR-Controlled Defense Articles under Part 126.18
- Using Employee Training to Ensure the Trickle Down of Your ITAR Compliance throughout Your Organization
- Investigating Potential Violations, Making a Voluntary Disclosure and Surviving in the Aftermath
- Exploring updates surrounding Satellite Export Reform
- Dissecting current sanctions and their impact on foreign exports
Learn what steps your company should be taking now to continuously test and audit the effectiveness of your ITAR compliance program while keeping pace with new regulatory requirements and anticipating the impact of reform under the ECR as you are provided with practical strategies you can take back and implement immediately.
As a guest of Sheppard Mullin, you can join us at The ITAR Summit for a discounted rate of 10% off the registration fee. Use code SMUL10 at registration.
Click here for more information and registration.