Employing a Global Workforce: What Keeps You Up at Night?
Presented by Sheppard Mullin's International Mobility and Immigration Compliance groups
Registration & Breakfast
7:30 a.m. - 8:00 a.m.
8:00 a.m. - 9:30 a.m.
Four Embarcadero Center
San Francisco, CA 94111
Today’s is an ever-changing global world. In some sense, all companies are global, from having websites accessible by persons overseas, to procuring from or selling products to foreign entities, to engaging employees or independent contractors. U.S. companies that rely on global talent must be cognizant of the ever increasing compliance requirements and subsequent enforcement actions.
This breakfast briefing will offer insights on international employment and immigration law. The program will cover the do’s and don’ts of hiring and firing employees outside of the United States from an employment law perspective, as well as hiring and firing of foreign workers in the United States from an immigration compliance perspective.
Who Should Attend:
Companies doing business overseas, those involved with foreign workers (H-1bs, Ls, etc), independent contractors, business executives compliance officers, HR professionals, and in-house counsel.
We will cover current international hot topics, including:
- Independent contractors
- Employment agreements
- Employer structuring options
- Notice and statutory severance indemnities
- Executive mobility
The briefing will also cover several significant new foreign employment law overhauls, including those recently enacted in China, France and Mexico.
On the domestic immigration side we will address:
- The hiring and onboarding of foreign nationals including:
- Compliance and attestation requirements
- Danger zones in Form I-9, & E-Verify matters
- The filing of non-immigrant petitions
- The use of temporary staffing agencies and compliance requirements for U.S. companies.
You will be able to ask questions and participate in a lively discussion featuring Sheppard Mullin’s Immigration and International Employment Law attorneys:
- Dawn Lurie, Partner, Washington, D.C.
- Brian Arbetter, Partner, Chicago & Los Angeles
- Ellen Bronchetti, Partner, San Francisco
Questions? Contact Amanda Todd at ATodd@sheppardmullin.com or 213.617.4187.