Labor and Employment Law Update and Happy Hour - Orange County
Fall 2013 Seminar Series
Westin South Coast Plaza
686 Anton Boulevard
Costa Mesa, CA 92626
3:45 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
4:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.
6:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Registration & Materials - $25
Presented by Greg Labate & Matthew Sonne
2013 has ushered in significant developments in labor and employment law of which employers should be aware. At our upcoming seminars, Sheppard Mullin labor and employment attorneys will discuss these important new cases and answer your questions. We will explain how these developments will affect the day-to-day decisions made by business owners, in-house counsel, and human resource professionals. We will also address the current trends in employment litigation and class actions, and discuss how employers can manage risk in the most effective way possible. Please join our experienced attorneys for an informative and lively discussion regarding recent activity in the following areas:
Wage and Hour Developments
- Exempt classifications and the salary basis test
- New concepts about what constitutes compensable time
- Recent meal/rest period decisions
- Employee tip pooling claims
- Vacation pay claims
- Employee vs. Independent Contractor
- PAGA claims on the rise
Discrimination and Harassment
- Recent case law on discrimination and harassment
- The EEOC’s revised publications on disability discrimination prevention
- The interplay between protected disability leaves
Plus Updates On:
- The validity of arbitration agreements and class action waivers
- The Supreme Court’s recent decisions on retaliation and the definition of “supervisor”
- Workplace issues due to the Supreme Court’s recent ruling on the Defense of Marriage Act
- Social media policies and issues
- The NLRB's new posting rules
- Affordable Care Act
This will be an informative and interactive presentation that no employer should miss!
This program is also being offered in these locations:
- San Diego - September 17
- San Francisco - September 24
- Los Angeles - October 22
This activity complies with standards for Minimum Continuing Legal Education prescribed by the California State Bar and is approved for 2 hours of MCLE credit.
Sheppard, Mullin, Richter & Hampton LLP is a State Bar of California approved MCLE provider.
This program is approved for 2 (California) recertification credit hours toward PHR, SPHR and GPHR recertification through the HR Certification Institute.
Sheppard, Mullin, Richter & Hampton LLP is an HRCI Approved Provider (valid through December 31, 2015).
For more information on Sheppard Mullin's Labor & Employment Practice, click here.
Questions? Contact Melissa Omphroy at email@example.com.