The Aerospace & Defense Forum Special Event: Tour of Fleet Readiness Center Southwest
Bus Departure 7:45 a.m.
Meeting & Tour 8:00 a.m. – 10:15 a.m.
Fleet Readiness Center Southwest
Naval Air Station North Island
San Diego, CA
In addition to briefings on the various services of FRCSW, we will tour the F/A-18, the manufacturing, the components and the Center Barrel program facilities.
FRCSW is the Navy's lead facility performing overhaul, repair, modification and center barrel replacement (a unique capability designed, engineered and built here) for the F/A-18 Hornet. FRCSW is also the sole Navy repair site of the LM-2500 turbine engine, which is used to power the Spruance-, Aegis-, Ticonderoga-, and Perry-class surface ships. To date, more than 390 engines and 250 power turbines have been serviced and returned to the Fleet.
FRCSW's main industrial complex has been located at Naval Air Station North Island since 1919 within the Navy's super port of San Diego; ensuring ready access of its industrial capacity and capabilities to major naval activities throughout the Southwest.
FRCSW's manufacturing facilities provide an invaluable industrial capability to the Navy. Its ability to produce intricate metal and composite components assures the Navy the capability to meet emergency requirements. These facilities are fully permitted and environmentally friendly in one of the country's most stringently controlled environmental areas.
- Registration is free.
- Attire is business casual.
- Please check-in on arrival.
- Because of the size of the bus, the tour is strictly limited to 32 participants.
- The bus will leave at 7:45 a.m., so ALL attendees must be ready by that time. Late comers will not be able to get on base.
- There will not be time set aside for networking and no food will be available.
- Bring a business card - they will be collected and e-mailed to all attendees.
- There will not be an opportunity or facility to distribute anything during the meeting.
- No photographs may be taken during the tour.
- Introductions will be minimal - your name, company, industry, and a 5 word "elevator speech". We encourage you to be creative!
Parking is free. All attendees will park in the Naval Base Coronado Pass and Decal parking lot "all day parking" and a bus will transport the group to FRCSW.
Directions to pakring: Take I-5 to exit 14A on to CA-75 the Coronado-San Diego Bay Bridge. Continue on that street (3rd St) in one of the middle lanes. After you pass Orange Ave, get in to the left-most lane. Take the parking lot entrance on the left, before the jet on a stick and before the actual main gate.
Questions? Contact Rheanna Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org or 858.720.7449.