Labor & Employment Legal Update & Happy Hour
Fall 2014 Seminar Series - San Diego
3:45 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. Registration
4:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m. Program
6:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m. Cocktails & Hors d'oeuvres
Hyatt Regency La Jolla
3777 La Jolla Village Drive
San Diego, CA 92122
- David Chidlaw, Partner, Sheppard, Mullin, Richter & Hampton LLP
- Samantha Hardy, Partner, Sheppard, Mullin, Richter & Hampton LLP
- Justine Phillips, Special Counsel, Sheppard, Mullin, Richter & Hampton LLP
The complexity of state and federal labor laws continues to present new challenges for employers. Join us to discuss how the latest developments affect the day-to-day decisions made by in-house counsel and human resource professionals. We will also discuss the current trends in employment litigation and how employers can protect themselves from liability. Topics will include:
Wage and Hour Developments
- Recent U.S. and California Supreme Court decisions and their impact on employers
- Reviewing white collar overtime exemptions in light of the upcoming proposed revisions from the DOL
- Latest trends in wage & hour class actions – what we’re seeing and what’s next
- Understanding and preventing claims for off-the-clock work
Leaves of Absence
- Developments in leave laws under FMLA/CFRA
- Navigating California’s leave laws and their interaction with Federal leave laws
- Best practices for managing leaves of absence
- Developments in ADA/FEHA laws and their impact on employers
- Employment litigation updates regarding harassment, discrimination and retaliation
- Using arbitration agreements and class action waivers after Iskanian
- Guidance regarding the use of criminal background checks during the hiring process
- Strategies and best practices for social media and the mobile workforce
- Proposed new legislation for 2015
As always, this seminar will be informative, interactive, and engaging. We would be delighted if you joined us for cocktails and hors d'oeuvres after the presentation. Our attorneys will stay to answer your follow-up questions.
This seminar will be free of charge, so please make sure to forward this page to colleagues and contacts!
We look forward to seeing you at this informative, engaging and interactive seminar.
This activity complies with standards for Minimum Continuing Legal Education prescribed by the California State Bar and is approved for 2 hours of MCLE credit. Sheppard, Mullin, Richter & Hampton LLP is a State Bar of California approved MCLE provider.
This program is approved for 2 (California) recertification credit hours toward PHR, SPHR and GPHR recertification through the HR Certification Institute. Sheppard, Mullin, Richter & Hampton LLP is an HRCI Approved Provider (valid through December 31, 2015).
Questions? Contact Melissa Omphroy at firstname.lastname@example.org or 415.774.2997.