HR Legal Updates for 2015
Presented by CONNECT Human Resources Roundtable
7:30 a.m. - 9:30 a.m.
12275 El Camino Real
San Diego, CA 92130
Cost: $20 for CONNCET members; $40 for non-members
Light breakfast will be served
Human Resources laws and regulations are constantly changing, and if you don’t keep up, your business may be at risk. Sheppard Mullin’s legal experts will present the changes you need to know in a format that’s easy to comprehend and apply to your business.
Presented by Justine Phillips, Special Counsel, Sheppard Mullin
This program will cover:
- The impact of minimum wage increases at the local, state, and federal level
- The Department of Labor’s proposed White collar overtime exemption revisions
- Wage & hour class action lawsuits – the latest trends on the horizon
- Mandatory local and state paid sick leave
- Updates regarding harassment, discrimination, and retaliation protections
- The use of criminal background checks during the hiring process