The Aerospace & Defense Forum: Cross-Border Opportunities in Mexican Aerospace
5:00 p.m. - 5:30 p.m. Registration
5:30 p.m. - 6:30 p.m. Panel Presentation
6:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m. Refreshments & Networking
12275 El Camino Real
San Diego, CA 92130
The Mexican aerospace industry has grown dramatically in the past 10 years, not only in its traditional home of Queretaro state, but now in Baja California. Mexican aerospace has grown from 100 U.S. and European manufacturers in 2004 to over 300 in 2014.
Mexico offers U.S. aerospace firms several advantages for their business, including: a highly educated engineering workforce (including design and manufacturing engineering), an advantageous cost structure, and a very friendly regulatory environment, with easy access to U.S. and international markets.
Among the long list of U.S. firms already taking advantage of these conditions are United Technologies, Parker Aerospace, Esterline, Cubic Corporation, Cobham and many others. Our panel will examine the numerous potential advantages available to U.S. aerospace firms choosing to locate production, assembly and other activities in Mexico.
The objective of this panel is to provide practical insights and guidance to U.S. aerospace firms doing business in Mexico, both as an end market, as well as a source of operating and business advantages.
Our panel will include representatives from industry, as well as export and trade oriented organizations:
- Miguel Ruiloba is Vice President, Sales and Marketing for XB Logistics, a firm offering third party logistics and compliance services to U.S. firms doing business in Baja California
- Elizabeth Glynn is an Export Advisor with the California Manufacturing Technology Consulting
- Jorge David is Division Supply Chain Manager for Parker Aerospace
- The panel will be moderated by John Gaffney, Managing Principal with Renaissance Strategic Advisors
- We look forward to an interesting and stimulating discussion of how U.S. firms can benefit from the Mexican Aerospace market and industrial base.
About the Forum
The Aerospace and Defense Forum is a global aerospace and defense leadership community of over 1000 individuals that provides opportunities for sharing of information, current events, and analysis, mutual support and encouragement, partnering, innovation, and performance breakthroughs.
- Attendance at this event is free for A&D Forum members, $30 for non-members until March 17 and $40 for non-members after
- Parking is free--located next to both entrances of the building.
- Light hors d'oeuvres, beer and wine will be provided courtesy of XB Logistics.
- Bring a business card--they will be duplicated and everyone will get a copy of all attendees' cards.
- Attire is business casual.
Questions? Contact Rheanna Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org.