Sheppard Mullin's Labor & Employment Breakfast Briefing Series - Chicago
Labor & Employment Update
Registration & Breakfast
8:00 a.m. - 8:30 a.m.
8:30 a.m. - 10:00 a.m.
Three First National Plaza
70 West Madison Street
4th Floor Conference Center
Chicago, IL 60602
Sheppard Mullin invites you to the first in a series of breakfast briefings in our Chicago office addressing domestic and global employment law developments, legislation, and trends affecting the workplace. Each briefing will focus on a unique topic relevant to companies doing business in Illinois, the US, and globally.
Labor & Employment Update
2015 has brought about significant new developments in Illinois and federal labor and employment laws. This first briefing will explain how these new developments affect day-to-day HR and employment law decisions, and will also provide practical advice for employers on how to protect themselves from liability in the workplace. The topics covered will include updates on the following:
- Illinois and Other States’ New Laws, Including Pregnancy Fairness, Chicago Minimum Wage, and Ban the Box Developments.
- Federal Developments, Including New EEOC Guidance on Workplace Wellness Plans, US Supreme Court Ruling on EEOC Conciliation Requirements, and NLRB Accelerated Election Procedures.
- Global Workforce Updates, Including Background Checks, Wage and Hour, and Global Unions, among other topics.
The program is designed for General Counsel, In-House Employment and International Counsel, and Human Resources Managers and Executives.
- Brian Arbetter, Partner, Sheppard Mullin
- Kevin Cloutier, Partner, Sheppard Mullin
- Mikela Sutrina, Associate, Sheppard Mullin
This program is pending approval for 1.5 hours of MCLE prescribed by the State Bar of Illinois. This activity complies with standards for Minimum Continuing Legal Education prescribed by the California State Bar and is approved for 1.5 hours of MCLE credit. Sheppard, Mullin, Richter & Hampton LLP is a State Bar of California approved MCLE provider.
This program has been approved in accordance with the requirements of the New York State Continuing Legal Education Board for a maximum of 2.0 credit hours which may be applied toward the areas of professional practice requirement, and is suitable for both transitional and non-transitional attorneys. Sheppard, Mullin, Richter & Hampton LLP is a State Bar of New York approved MCLE provider.
Future Series Topics
- To Compete or Not To Compete: That is the Question
- Navigating Employee Leaves of Absence
- Independent Contractor vs. Employee
- Immigration and Mobility
Questions? Contact Cynthia Vargas at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 619.338.6544