Transatlantic Patent Strategies: Practical Considerations for a Post 2015 World
8:00 a.m. - 8:30 a.m. Registration & Networking Breakfast
8:30 a.m. - 10:00 a.m. Program
12275 El Camino Real
San Diego, CA 92130
The state of patent law and procedure is in major flux across Europe and the US, affecting licence terms, filing strategies, forum and tribunal shopping for revocation and enforcement, and so much more. There has been considerable discussion about the law and rule changes, but what does this mean in practical terms for US companies? In particular, what are the top tips for US companies before the new European system starts on January 1, 2016.
Topics covered will include:
- Patent licenses including European patents – key amendments for licensor and licensee
- European filing strategies – the cost/benefit analysis
- Revocation/opposition – timing and other issues
- Standard essential patents and Huawei/ZTE in the Court of Justice in the European Union (CJEU)
- Transatlantic enforcement and counter-enforcement strategies – forum and tribunal shopping post AIA/UPC
This 1.5 hour complimentary breakfast briefing will be presented by:
- Morag Macdonald, Partner, Bird & Bird
- Stephen Korniczky, Partner, Sheppard Mullin
This activity complies with standards for Minimum Continuing Legal Education prescribed by the California State Bar and is approved for 1.5 hours of MCLE credit. Sheppard, Mullin, Richter & Hampton LLP is a State Bar of California approved MCLE provider.
Questions? Contact Cindy Vargas at email@example.com or 619.338.6544.