Brilliant! Fashion Advice from the Bespoke Brief - CLE Program
A Day in the Life of an In-House Fashionista: "Fashion Beat the Clock"
Cocktails & Hors d'oeuvres
5:30 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.
6:30 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Sheppard Mullin New York
30 Rockefeller Plaza
New York, NY 10112
In-house retail fashion counsel face numerous business and legal issues on a day-to-day basis and the pressure is highest during Fashion Week – “Best of British!” This program provides a minute-by-minute simulation of an in-house counsel’s busy day and highlights the cutting edge legal issues facing the retail fashion industry today:
- Clearance of music rights for live shows, online streaming and videos, and in-store events;
- Model contracts, including models under 18 years of age, and photographer agreements;
- Clearance of trademarks, copyrights, brand and product names, and labeling for the retail industry;
- New developments in technology, including 3D printing, patent trolls, and wearable technology;
- Social media and native advertising, endorsements, and promotions by retailers; and
- Intellectual property protection, Including trademarks, trade dress, copyrights, and design patents.
Since New York's Madison Avenue will be showcasing British fashion retailers from November 5-8, 2015, the reception and refreshments will celebrate the "An Englishman in New York" theme.
- Theodore Max, Partner, Sheppard Mullin New York
- Michael Solomita, Partner, Sheppard Mullin New York
- Nicole Bagood, Associate, Sheppard Mullin Los Angeles
- Pamela Weinstock, Associate General Counsel, Kenneth Cole
This program has been approved in accordance with the requirements of the New York State Continuing Legal Education Board for a maximum of 1.5 credit hours which may be applied toward the Areas of Professional Practice requirement, and is suitable for both transitional and non-transitional attorneys. Sheppard, Mullin, Richter & Hampton LLP is a State Bar of New York approved MCLE provider.
This activity complies with standards for Minimum Continuing Legal Education prescribed by the California State Bar and is approved for 1.5 hours of MCLE credit. Sheppard, Mullin, Richter & Hampton LLP is a State Bar of California approved MCLE provider.
Questions? Contact Ian Pogue-Mohammed at IPogue-Mohammed@sheppardmullin.com or at 212.653.8448