The Aerospace & Defense Forum: The Dynamic Business of Space
5:30 p.m. - 6:15 p.m. Registration & Networking
6:15 p.m. - 7:45 p.m. Program
12275 El Camino Real
San Diego, CA 92130
Of late, space has become a dynamic sector. Jeff Bezos tweeted the success of his reusable launch rocket in November with Elon Musk responding accordingly - two billionaires trying to one up one another "in space."
With government and commercial development of space converging, we are starting to see new entrants into the market place, new business models being explored, even increased amounts of private and venture capital deployed. This panel brings together leaders of the San Diego space sector to discuss some of these developments and engage in a dynamic and educational dialogue to broaden and deepen the understanding of the business of space.
- Mr. Dave Strobel, President, Space Micro Systems
- Dr. Michael Wiskerchen, Founder, Space Venture Holdings, Emeritus Faculty; Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering, UCSD
- Mr. Steve Harrington, CEO, Flometrics Inc.
- Mr. Carl Sloan, Vice President/GM, Vanguard Space Systems
- Mr. Jesse Gipe (Moderator), San Diego Economic Development Corporation
About the Forum
The Aerospace and Defense Forum is a global aerospace and defense leadership community of over 1400 individuals that provides opportunities for sharing of information, current events, and analysis, mutual support and encouragement, partnering, innovation, and performance breakthroughs.
- Attendance at this event is free for A&D Forum members, $30 for non-members until January 12 and $40 for non-members after.
- Beer, wine and appetizers provided during networking.
- Parking is free--located next to both entrances of the building.
- Bring a business card--they will be duplicated and everyone will get a copy of all attendees' cards.
- Attire is business casual.
Questions? Contact Rheanna Smith at email@example.com.