- J.D., University of California, Berkeley School of Law, 2013; Certificate in Business Law; Editor-In-Chief of the Berkeley Business Law Journal; Research Assistant to Professor Aaron S. Edlin
- B.A., Business Economics and Psychology, University of California, Los Angeles, 2006; summa cum laude, college honors
- Law Clerk at the Federal Trade Commission Bureau of Competition, Western Region, 2011
- Ninth Circuit Court of Appeal
- U.S. District Court for the Northern, Central, and Southern Districts of California
Nadezhda Nikonova is an associate in the Antitrust and Competition Practice Group in the firm's San Francisco office. Her practice focuses on high-technology cartel and monopolization cases. She has special experience working with expert witnesses and applying sophisticated economic analysis to antitrust law.
Ms. Nikonova earned her J.D. from the University of California, Berkeley School of Law (Boalt Hall), where she was awarded the Certificate in Business Law. During law school, she was the Editor-in-Chief of the Berkeley Business Law Journal, clerked at the Federal Trade Commission’s Bureau of Competition, and served as a research assistant to revise an antitrust law textbook.
Ms. Nikonova formerly worked as an economic analyst with expert witnesses on antitrust litigation and merger clearance matters. She received her B.A. summa cum laude in economics and psychology from UCLA.
Defending a manufacturer of cathode ray tubes in class actions by direct purchasers, indirect purchasers, and opt-outs asserting claims of industry-wide price fixing. In re Cathode Ray Tube (CRT) Antitrust Litig., MDL. No. 1917 (N.D. Cal.)
Representing a leading multinational electronics company in price-fixing actions concerning rechargeable lithium ion batteries. In re Lithium ion Batteries Antitrust Litig., MDL No. 2420 (N.D. Cal.)
Representing prominent smartphone and tablet manufacturer in global patent and standards related antitrust governmental proceedings.
Successfully represented an online lender exchange against antitrust counterclaims arising from assertion of patent infringement claims. LendingTree, LLC v. Zillow, Inc. et al. (W.D.N.C.)
Represented Samsung SDI against price-fixing claims involving TFT-LCD products. In re TFT-LCD (FLAT PANEL) Antitrust Litig., MDL. No 1827 (N.D. Cal.)
Utilized Russian-language skills in numerous cases to revise contracts, review evidence, and conduct foreign legal research.
Conducted proffers to international jurisdictions in high stakes price-fixing cases.
- The Rapidly Changing Landscape of Private Global Antitrust Litigation: Increasingly Serious Implications for U.S. PractitionersCompetition (Calif. State Bar Antitrust Section publication), Fall 2016
- Law360, October 27, 2016
- Competition Law Insight, December 8, 2015
- "False Advertising and Antitrust Law: Sometimes the Twain Should Meet," CPI Antitrust Chronicle, August 13, 2014
- Monthly Contributor, ABA Section of Antitrust, Intellectual Property E-Bulletin
Antitrust Law Blog Posts
- "FTC Temporarily Halts Proposed DraftKings-FanDuel Merger," July 10, 2017
- "Exclusive Agreement Between Hospital and Insurance Plan Does Not Violate Section 1," June 22, 2017
- "Antitrust Not Always Available in Competitor Disputes in the Healthcare Sector," March 16, 2017
- "Evolving Private Remedies for Competition Infringements in Europe: Class Actions in the U.K.," October 19, 2015
- "LCD Court Dismisses Motorola’s Multi-Billion Dollar Antitrust Claims Based On Overseas Purchases," February 5, 2014
- "Plaintiffs Hit an Illinois Brick Wall: Indirect Purchasers of iPhone Apps Lack Standing to Bring Antitrust Suit," December 19, 2013
- "Brick By Illinois Brick: Ninth Circuit Builds High Wall For Indirect Purchaser Suits," August 10, 2012
Real Estate, Land Use & Environmental Law Blog Posts
- "Federal Government’s Eminent Domain Power Trumps California’s Sovereign Public Trust Title,” July 20, 2012
- "Impacts On Required Public Services Not An Environmental Impact; No Mitigation Required,” July 12, 2012
Video Game Law Blog Posts
- September 2014 Monthly Consumer Protection Update, ABA Antitrust Section, October 14, 2014
- April 20, 2017
- Young Lawyer Representative, ABA Antitrust Section’s Joint Conduct Committee, 2016-2017
- American Bar Association, Section of Antitrust Law, Intellectual Property Committee and Economics Committee
- State Bar of California
- Bar Association of San Francisco
- Association of Business Trial Lawyers