Nora Stilestein is an associate in the Labor and Employment Practice Group in the firm's Los Angeles office.
Areas of Practice
Nora represents employers in all facets of the litigation and trial process, in California and federal courts. She has significant experience defending wage and hour class actions and PAGA actions, has defeated class certification motions, and has defended certified claims through trial. Nora has also had success before the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeal, which affirmed summary judgment for a restaurant employer in a published opinion. In addition to her experience in state and federal courts, Nora has also represented employers in the arbitration forum.
Nora regularly advises employers on compliance with applicable laws, including wage and hour obligations, the use of independent contractors, and employee discipline and terminations. She has also designed client-specific trainings on the prevention of harassment, discrimination, and retaliation in the workplace. In particular, Nora has represented clients in the medical, hospitality, retail, and technology industries.
Pasadena Top Attorney, Pasadena Magazine, 2013
Labor & Employment Law Blog Posts
- "All Single User Restrooms In California Must Now Welcome All Genders," March 1, 2017
- "Onward and Upward – California’s Minimum Wage And Paid Family Leave Benefits Set To Increase Substantially Over The Next Few Years," May 4, 2016
- "Los Angeles Mayor Approves Minimum Wage Increase," June 16, 2015
- "California Court of Appeal Enforces Contractor’s Agreement to Arbitrate Misclassification Claims Out of State," July 31, 2014
Construction & Infrastructure Law Blog Posts
- Spring 2019 Seminar Series, 05.07.2019
- Fall 2018 Seminar Series, 10.30.2018
- Labor and Employment
- Labor and Employment Counseling
- Labor and Employment Litigation
J.D., University of California, Los Angeles, 2011, Moot Court Honors Program
B.A., Pennsylvania State University, 2006, Phi Beta Kappa
- Extern to the Honorable Stephen V. Wilson, U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California