Neeta Thakur is special counsel in the Intellectual Property Practice Group in the firm's Palo Alto office.
Areas of Practice
Dr. Thakur specializes in preparing and prosecuting U.S. and international patent applications in the areas of chemistry, biotechnology, medical device, and pharmaceuticals. She also has experience in due diligence analyses, freedom to operate, and inventorship issues. Her focus is primarily on pharmaceutically active small molecules.
Prior to her legal career, Dr. Thakur worked as a research scientist in the biopharmaceutical industry, where her research in the field of medicinal chemistry focused on the design and synthesis of novel pharmaceutically active small molecules.
Dr. Thakur’s other professional experience includes technical consultant positions with law firms and an information scientist position with a chemical data abstracting company.
- "Stereoselective coupling of chiral nitroxides with prochiral carbon radicals," Braslau, R.; Naik, N.; Chaplinski, V., J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2000, 122(35), 8421-8434
- "Stereoselective coupling of prochiral carbon radicals with a C2-Symmetric nitroxide," Naik, N.; Braslau, R. Presented at the 217th national ACS meeting at Anaheim, CA in March 1999
- "Stereoselective coupling of chiral nitroxides with prochiral carbon radicals," Naik, N. Doctoral Dissertation, University of California, Santa Cruz, CA, June 1999
- "Synthesis and Applications of Optically Active Nitroxides," Naik, N.; Braslau, R. Tetrahedron 1998, 54, 667-696
- "Low-Temperature Preparations of Unimolecular Nitroxide Initiators for "Living" Free Radical Polymerizations," Braslau, R.; Burrill, L. C.; Siano, M.; Naik, N.; Howden, R. K.; Mahal, L. K. Macromolecules 1997, 30, 6445-6450
- "Unexpected Rearrangement of a Borneol-Derived O-Benzylated Hydroxamic Acid: Facile Synthesis of an Optically Active Multidentate Ligand," Braslau, R.; Naik, N., Olmstead, M. M. J. Org. Chem. 1996, 61, 368-371
J.D., Santa Clara University, 2013
Ph.D., Chemistry, University of California, Santa Cruz, 1999, Regents Fellowship
M.S., Organic Chemistry, University of Bombay, 1987
B.S., Chemistry, University of Bombay, 1985
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office