- J.D., University of San Diego School of Law, 2016
- M.S. Electrical Engineering, Eindhoven University of Technology, 1998
- United States Patent and Trademark Office
Otto Steinbusch is an associate in the Intellectual Property Practice Group in the firm's San Diego (Del Mar) office.
Mr. Steinbusch prepares and prosecutes patent applications and provides opinions and client counseling in all aspects of electrical and computer engineering. His areas of technical focus include online communities, massive online gaming environments, data streaming, cloud-based services, encryption, user interfaces, medical technologies and equipment, emergency-response services, neural computing, image recognition and processing, mobile payment solutions, computer graphics, data compression, virtual and augmented reality, electronic design automation and verification, processor architecture, display controllers, memory controllers, online video distribution, audio processing, wireless networking, integrated circuits, network security, virtual private networking, computer games, and floating point processors.
The scope of Mr. Steinbusch’s practice includes patent counseling, patent strategy, patent portfolio development, and advice on patentability, patent scope, and patent infringement.
Mr. Steinbusch received his M.S. in Electrical Engineering from the Eindhoven University of Technology. Mr. Steinbusch is the first-named inventor on six issued U.S. patents:
- Power management using automatic load/unload detection of DAC
- Lossless transfer of events across clock domains
- Connecting multiple test access port controllers on a single test access port
- Method of executing a computer program with an interpreter, computer system and computer program product
- System for executing virtual machine instructions
- Automatic resource sharing between FIFOs
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers
- State Bar of California, Intellectual Property Section
- San Diego Intellectual Property Law Association