Our Silicon Valley office is moving! In the short term please use the temporary address above.
Office Managing Partner: Steven Braccini
Office Administrator: Jeff Johnson
Attorney Recruiting: Donovan Hunter
Staff Recruiting: Human Resources
Sheppard Mullin’s Silicon Valley office opened in 2008 and has grown to over 35 attorneys and a total of 90 employees (including paralegals, patent agents and staff) servicing a diverse range of clients and industries.
Our attorneys in the Silicon Valley office serve emerging and established private and public companies in technology, life sciences, retail, media, gaming, venture capital, financial services, transportation, and manufacturing sectors.
Our Silicon Valley office offers a full range of legal services:
Corporate – we handle every aspect of our clients’ corporate needs including formation, venture capital financing, governance and securities, investment management, mergers and acquisitions, as well as public offerings.
Intellectual Property – we advise and represent our clients in patent and trademark prosecution matters including patent portfolio development, management, post grant review, patent monetization, brand creation, clearance and global trademark filing programs, trademark policing, disputes, domain name disputes, trade secret protection, copyright and design patent registration, tech and patent licensing; we manage large and small portfolios including U.S. and foreign prosecution.
Litigation – we provide comprehensive litigation coverage to our clients in patent litigation matters including arbitrations, International Trade Commission investigations, and administrative proceedings before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office; we also offer experienced and nimble representation in copyright, trademark, and commercial litigation.
Labor & Employment – we litigate every type of employment-related claim, including class actions, independent contractor classifications, protection of trade secrets, single plaintiff wrongful termination, discrimination, harassment, and retaliation claims and all types of wage and hour complaints.
Executive Compensation – we support our clients efforts to attract and retain key executives and employees by advising and preparing compensation plans and agreements including founders agreements, executive employment agreements, stock incentive and bonus plans, using an interdisciplinary approach which takes into account prevailing custom and market trends.
Bankruptcy - we advise and represent debtors, creditors, committees, trustees and receivers in their Chapter 7, 11 and 13 bankruptcy proceedings.
As a preeminent California law firm with an 90+ year legacy of providing effective legal advice and representation, and with dedication to client service as one of our hallmarks, we look forward to serving you.
- Webinar, 04.21.2021
- How is Technology changing Banks in 2020?02.19.2020
- FinTech Silicon Valley TVSheppard Mullin Palo Alto, 12.11.2019
- FinTech Silicon Valley TVSheppard Mullin Palo Alto, 11.06.2019
- FinTech Silicon Valley TV10.16.2019
- Market Exclusivity – FDA Considerations in Patent Product Protection StrategiesGarden Court Hotel, Palo Alto, 10.10.2019
- FinTech Silicon Valley TVSheppard Mullin Palo Alto, 09.24.2019
- FinTech Silicon Valley TV08.20.2019
- Fair, Reasonable, and Non-Discriminatory: What Does FRAND Mean for You in 2019?Sheppard Mullin Palo Alto, 05.23.2019
- FinTech Silicon Valley TV05.14.2019
- Altered Beast: How Recent Supreme Court Decisions and PTO Rule Changes Under Director Iancu Have Dramatically Changed the Patent LandscapePalo Alto, 03.27.2019
- FinTech Silicon Valley TV03.26.2019
- The Woman's Club of Palo Alto, 01.31.2019
- Information Insecurity Panel11.13.2018
- Spring 2018 Seminar Series04.19.2018
- FinTech Silicon Valley03.20.2018
- Third Thursday Emerging Company Webinarvia WebEx, 03.15.2018
- Fall 2017 Seminar Series10.10.2017
- Third Thursday Emerging Company Webinar Seriesvia WebEx, 08.17.2017
- Spring 2017 Seminar Series05.16.2017
- Sheppard Mullin Palo Alto01.19.2016
- Fall 2015 Seminar Series10.07.2015