Emily D. Anderson is an associate in the Business Trial Practice Group in the firm's New York office. She is also a member of the Construction team.
Areas of Practice
Emily has extensive experience litigating construction and real estate related-claims on behalf of contractors, owners, subcontractors and sureties before the state and federal trial and appellate courts of New York and before arbitration panels. She has been involved in numerous matters relating to breach of contract issues, delay damage claims, suretyship, mechanic’s liens, trust fund diversion claims, construction lending issues, prevailing wages and construction defects.
Emily also has experience drafting and negotiating various construction agreements for contractors and owners, including agreements for construction management, general contractors, subcontractors, design, consulting and building services, licenses, access and easements.
Emily interned with Justice Saliann Scarpulla of the New York State Supreme Court of New York County and the Legal Department of the New York City Department of Environmental Protection. Also, before attending law school, Ms. Anderson worked as a sales representative in the elevator industry.
Ones to Watch — Construction Law and Litigation, Best Lawyers, 2021
New York Rising Star - Construction Litigation, Super Lawyers, 2015-2019
Construction Industry Industry Diversity Fellowship, American Bar Association, 2017
- AGC Law in Brief Vol. 3, Issue 4, July 2017, 04.27.2020
- American Bar Association Forum on Construction Law Vol. 19, No. 3, Spring 2018, 04.27.2020
- ConsensusDocs Construction Law Newsletter, 06.17.2019
- Offshore Wind Projects: One Example of Challenges on the Horizon, 2x4x10American Bar Association Forum on the Construction Industry, Summer 2014
- Guest Lecturer on Construction Law, Manhattan College, CIVG 507: Introduction to Engineering Investigations/Forensic Engineering, March 14, 2020
- Regional Coordinator and Speaker, Forum on Construction Regional Program: Sticks & Bricks, September 2019
American Bar Association, Forum on Construction Law
- Steering Committee Member for Division 10 (Energy and the Environment), 2013-Present
- Division 10 Liaison to the Diversity and Inclusion Committee, 2017 – Present
J.D., Brooklyn Law School, 2013, recipient CALI Excellence for the Future Award in Construction Law and Jack Weprin Real Estate Prize
M.U.P., Hunter College, City University of New York, 2013
B.A., University of Illinois, 2006, with distinction
- New York
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- Second Circuit Court of Appeals