Carolyn R. Benson is a partner in the Real Estate, Land Use and Environmental Practice Group in the firm's Dallas office.
Areas of Practice
Carolyn has extensive experience in real property acquisitions, leasing and sales on a national and local basis. Carolyn:
- Represents clients in the acquisition and disposition of industrial, retail, office, multi-family, hotel, resort, student housing, healthcare facilities, condominium, c-store, mobile home portfolios, self-storage facilities and mixed-use projects in single and portfolio dispositions.
- Represented client in the management and ultimate disposition of a $200 million dollar office campus including hotel and fitness center.
- Represented client in the disposition of a $100 million dollar hotel.
- Represented client in the disposition of a $100 million dollar industrial portfolio.
- Represented client in the disposition of a $70 million dollar Class A office building.
- Represented client in the acquisition of $100 million dollar industrial portfolio.
- Represents CMBS Trusts, Special Servicers, SBA Lenders/Servicers, and financial institutions in workouts, foreclosures, receiverships, note sales, leasing, management and REO dispositions.
- Represented servicers in over $5 billion in REO and receivership dispositions nationwide.
- Represented servicers in drafting and negotiating master auction forms and agreements for development of an auction platform and in the disposition of over $6 billion in all asset types on various auction sites.
- Represented Trusts in lease transactions covering over 1 million rentable square feet nationwide.
- Represents landlords and tenants in lease transactions involving office, research and development, retail and industrial space.
- Represented an insurance client in negotiating headquarter lease space in Texas.
- Represented multiple energy clients in negotiating headquarter and satellite office lease space in Texas.
- Represented a shipping company in negotiating headquarter and satellite office lease space in Texas.
- The Deal, 04.20.2018
- Law360, 04.16.2018
- The Texas Lawbook, 04.16.2018
- Texas Lawyer, 04.16.2018
William M. “Mac” Taylor American Inn of Court
Member, Dallas Bar Association
Member, State Bar of Texas
Fellow, Texas Bar Foundation
Fellow, Dallas Bar Foundation
J.D., Southern Methodist University, 2008, cum laude
B.A., Aurora University, 2004, summa cum laude
- U.S. District Courts for the Northern, Southern, Western and Eastern Districts of Texas