Peter Y. Lee is an associate in the Labor and Employment Practice Group in the firm's San Francisco Office.
Areas of Practice
Peter represents employers in all aspects of employment-related matters. His practice includes defending employers against claims such as discrimination, harassment, retaliation, wrongful termination, and wage and hour disputes.
Prior to joining Sheppard Mullin, Peter focused his practice on labor-related matters. He represented a countless number of public agency and non-profit employers against unfair labor practices. In addition, he provided them counsel on employee-related matters while having to remain compliant with public and private sector labor laws and collective bargaining contracts. Peter also has experience in labor relations, workplace investigations, administrative hearings, arbitrations, and strike campaigns.
Labor & Employment Law Blog Posts
- "Reminder: San Francisco’s Family Friendly Workplace Amended Ordinance Takes Effect July 2022," May 25, 2022
- "California Legislature and Governor Approves New PAGA Carve-Out," November 8, 2021
- "San Francisco Surpasses Other Jurisdictions and Enacts Expansive COVID-19 Related Paid Sick Leave," April 20, 2020
- "Additional Paid Leave for Some San Jose Employees Under the COVID-19 Paid Sick Leave Ordinance," April 16, 2020
- "The San Francisco Bay Area Issues Strengthened COVID-19 Shelter In Place Orders That Have a Significant Impact on Employers and Operations," April 1, 2020
J.D., University of California, Davis, 2017, Witkin Award for Academic Excellence, Employment Law
B.A., University of California, Santa Barbara, 2008
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of California