- Firm Adds IP Litigators Robert Masters and Jonathan DeFosse and Healthcare Antitrust Partner Bevin NewmanMay 15, 2019
Sheppard Mullin’s healthcare antitrust practice helps our clients navigate investigations and enforcement actions in some of the industry’s most heavily scrutinized transactions. We are strategic advisers at the forefront of structuring innovative relationships for health systems, hospitals, academic medical centers, providers, payers, and pharmaceutical companies undertaking significant transactions, including mergers, joint ventures, intellectual property licenses, and a variety of other affiliations and collaborations.
Our antitrust work includes:
- Advising healthcare clients in connection with mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures and other corporate transactions, as well as other competitor collaborations, such as the establishing integrated delivery systems, determining geographies of service, and implementing shared-services and pricing agreements.
- Assisting healthcare clients to establish, implement and operate clinically integrated networks (CINs),accountable care organizations (ACOs), Medicare bundled payment initiatives, and novel reimbursement models under Medicare Advantage and other aspects of the ACA.
- Serving as antitrust litigation counsel to healthcare and other clients in extensive private litigation and price fixing cartel defense.
- Counseling on standard setting, trade association work, vertical pricing and distribution issues
- Representing clients in connection with civil and criminal investigations by the Federal Trade Commission, the Antitrust Division of the U.S. Department of Justice, and state attorneys general.
- Developing and helping our clients to create and maintain robust antitrust compliance programs.
Our antitrust lawyers in Washington D.C. also focus on antitrust merger review and Hart-Scott-Rodino (HSR) filings. Due to explosive growth in our healthcare M&A practice for both principals and private equity, and specific lateral acquisition, our Washington HSR practice has developed deep HSR and merger review expertise specifically in the healthcare space.
Over the last five years, we have provided antitrust, transactional, litigation and counseling services to more than 50 clients across the healthcare industry. These representations included acquisition of doctor groups, doctor/hospital affiliations, and mergers/acquisitions of ASC's and specialty groups in Oncology, Anesthesiology, Orthopedics and Opthalmology, as well as healthcare-related investigations and litigation.
Podcasts & Webinars
- What the Election Results Mean for Congressional Oversight of Corporate AmericaEntrepreneur, December 6, 2016