Sheppard Mullin’s Private Wealth and Fiduciary Litigation team includes some of the most successful trial attorneys in the country in disputes over private wealth, most notably involving trusts, decedents’ estates and conservatorships or adult guardianships. Our Private Wealth and Fiduciary litigators represent clients in cases involving claims of breach of fiduciary duty, fiduciary misconduct and fraud, misfeasance and malfeasance in estate administration, investment mismanagement, financial elder abuse, and will and trust contests.
Our attorneys have won some of the most significant cases in court involving private wealth disputes. Our team litigates cases in jurisdictions across the country, as well as cases that are multi-jurisdictional and international in scope.
While our reputation in court is second to none, our imprint in the private wealth field is not limited to the courtroom. Our Private Wealth and Fiduciary litigators include the former Chair of the State Bar of California’s Trusts and Estates Executive Committee, former Editors of Trusts and Estates Quarterly magazine and some of the most sought-after and prolific lecturers and authors of scholarly works in the field. Members of our Private Wealth and Fiduciary Litigation team also have authored and influenced some of the most important legislation affecting the rights of beneficiaries and rules governing fiduciaries. As a consequence, our Private Wealth and Fiduciary litigators are well known and highly respected by colleagues and adversaries alike.
Our attorneys do much more than litigate, however. We counsel clients in strategies to avoid disputes both during the estate planning process and in the process of administering estates. We help clients to stave off the threat of litigation and the expense involved by advising them at the outset on how early missteps can play out in court.
- Chambers High Net Worth, 07.22.2021
- The Hollywood Reporter, 05.26.2021
- Chambers High Net Worth, 07.09.2020
- CNN Newsroom with Pamela Brown, 07.17.2021
- America’s Newsroom w/Bill Hemmer & Dana Perino – FOX News, 07.15.2021
- Britney Spears Granted Right to Hire Own Attorney; Calls for Father to be Criminally Charged for "Conservatorship Abuse"Cuomo Prime Time - CNN, 07.14.2021
- Your World with Neil Cavuto - FOX News, 07.14.2021
- California Trusts and Estates Quarterly – Volume 25, Issue 4, 2019